Monday, August 5, 2013

Stressed out flock....

I feel bad having to leave Elvira in the crate for a whole week, but I feel even worse when I let her out and my flock pecks at her and chases her around the coop. I hope that this will be over with in a week and doesn't last any longer. I know that integrating a new bird into the flock is stressful for the entire flock.... but it's stressful for me too. I have a huge heart for animals and can't stand seeing Elvira cooped up in the tiny crate. So today I let her out into the coop with the rest of the birds but I had to stay in the coop the entire time or they chased her all over the place :( I tried to divert their attention by hanging a head of cabbage up, which worked for a little while. Even though I can tell all the girls are on edge they weren't too stressed out to lay me 3 eggs again today :)





1 comment:

  1. Tara - I just noticed you recently started following my blog so I decided to visit and I think your site is ADORABLE!! I love it! :)

    I hope all goes ok with Elvira. You're right, it's very very difficult.

    ReplyDelete