Saturday, March 14, 2015

Changes...

I got the book "It starts with the egg" by Rebecca Feit. I've been reading it, taking notes and doing my own research as I go along. This book is going to hopefully change my life for the better & in the process I pray we have a healthy pregnancy and baby. I've decided when we finish out this weeks groceries we will be switching over to a more organic, less preservatives, cutting out refined carbs diet. We will be getting rid of all the plastics in our home that we can. I will be changing over all of our cleaning & personal care items to phthalate free products. After reading about the effects of BPA & phthalate & other chemicals on infertility & our health in general I want them gone! I've always believed that environmental factors play a role in many diseases, but I've never done any research or looked into the studies done on this sort of thing. There are numerous scientifically proven studies that show items containing  these products cause infertility.

The opening quote in this book reads "only I can change my life, no one can do it for me" - Carol Burnett. That couldn't be more true. Whether this process helps bring a biological child to us or not we will know without a doubt wr gave it our all. It can only benefit our lives, it surely won't hurt.... Well it may hurt the pocket book a little initially until we get everything switched over & learn what to buy when grocery shopping, but we will adjust. This is going to be a learning process. I've always ate junk food, never gave a second thought to what foods I pop into my mouth, or what effects products I use could have on my health. This is going to have to be a new way of thinking.

I'm excited about things moving forward. Next month we will be attempting our last FET cycle from our initial IVF. It had to be delayed another cycle due to the lab at our clinic closing for cleaning of equipment. If this cycle fails,the plan is to attempt another fresh cycle IVF around August or September.

1 comment:

  1. After hearing about this from you and Angie, I'm thinking about getting this book as well. It really is scary when you think about what we are subjecting ourselves to every single day! Praying for you & your FET. I'm hoping to start moving towards my FET soon as well.

    ReplyDelete