Saturday, February 28, 2015

Transfer #3

It's that time, embryo transfer #3. I had to make a call to the on call RE this morning. I start meds tomorrow, estrogen tablets 2mg twice a day & estrogen patches every 3 days starting tomorrow. I have to call back Monday to schedule a delayed baseline ultrasound since AF showed at the worst possible time (on a Friday night) and the office was closed for the weekend. I have been so anxious today anticipating this whole cycle. After my baseline ultrasound this week I will go back in 2 more weeks for a midcycle ultrasound then start progesterone injections daily until transfer day which I anticipate will be around the 19th or 20th. I have had 4 months off now... no appointments, no meds, and no stress related to this whole process. I dread transfer day because I honestly do no believe this one remaining embryo is going to make it through thaw. Last transfer we lost 4 embryos during thaw, and the two that we did have transferred weren't looking strong, and obviously didn't make it either. So losing 6 embryos doesn't give me high hopes for this one. I wish I could just know... but I have to go through pills, patches, shots for weeks and the anxiety of the build up to that day before we will know for sure. Maybe since I'm expecting a letdown this time I will be surprised, I always pray for a miracle.


No comments:

Post a Comment