Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Can't catch a break...

Went back to my reproductive endocrinologist last Thursday for a baseline ultrasound. Everything looked good, so I started meds the same day in preparation for frozen embryo transfer later this month. I go back on April 15th for a mid cycle ultrasound. If everything looks good I will have begin progesterone injections and embryo transfer will tentatively be scheduled for April 22nd.

I had labs drawn at my appointment last week and found out my TSH level was 0.044 which is pretty low. I've been referred to an endocrinologist, my RE believes I have hyperthyroidism. The more I read about treatment options and possible causes the more scared I become. This is something new. Last year my thyroid levels were normal. So it scares me as to what could be causing this. So I'm just praying for the best.

6 comments:

  1. Prayers that things turn around and that everything is ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't stress out to much about it. I have hypothyroidism and am taking medication for it. All they trully worry about is getting u to a normal level with medication. My thyroid has been normal but when I get pregnant it skyrockets. So I have to be on the medication before and during. Don't stress til ur RE shows concern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hypothyroidism is different as far as treatment options go. Medications may not not be the best an option for hyperhyroidism as the most common cause for it is graves disease. medication to control symptoms & radioactive iodine are the most common treatment for hyperthyroidism. My RE is concerned, she has referred me to an endocrinologist that specializes in thyroid disorders. So I'll be worried til I find out what my treatment is going to be. Really scared of the radioactive treatment option.

      Delete
    2. You do not know me but I came across your blog today :) You may already have seen the endocrinologist and have a plan but I also have hyperthyroid (Grave's Disease). My endo wanted to zap my thyroid and after my husband and I discussed it we decided we wanted to stay as natural as possible without radiation. I control my Grave's Disease by diet, vitamins and low dose of medication. I realize everyone's situation is different and the course you may need to take is different, just wanted to share a little of my story with you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

      Delete
  3. Oh Tara - I am so sorry for this blow. It seems like it is one thing after another, for both of us. Praying that you can get some kind of good news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been thinking about you lots. Hope you are doing okay, Tara!

    ReplyDelete