Friday, July 10, 2015

We prayed for 1,095 days

He answered. For 3 years we have felt heartache that some days I felt like life couldn't possibly go on, like there was no way I could force myself to keep pushing through. The desire to carry a child has been with me for as long as I can remember and it never has nor never will go away. To know that I have OUR child OUR little miracle growing inside me is a feeling I wondered if I'd ever feel again. After 5 failed IUIs, IVF and a miscarriage, losing 5 embryos during thaw, 2 failed frozen embryo transfers we became pregnant by the power of God! The cycle after we used our very last embryo God said "It's time!!".
Just when I was getting to the point of our infertility journey that I was coming to grips with the thought that it was a very real possibility it may never happen He showed me otherwise. My thoughts had shifted from a daily ache of longing for a baby to trying to fulfill my life in other ways. We had started camping again and just doing fun stuff together, just enjoying living. The past 6 months I have tried to just thank God for what I did have where I was in life and all the things I had been blessed with. I was so relaxed that for the first time in 3 years I wasn't tracking my cycles and wasn't even 100% sure of the day of my last period.  We went camping in the shanandoah mountains June 11th-15th. I'm always on the go up bright & early and go, go, go all day. I'm always looking for adventure when we're camping wanting to hike and see the sights. This trip I wanted to nap everyday and it was so hot I wanted to stay in the RV's air conditioning and lay around. We rode into town one day to pick up a few things and I told Chris I was going to grab some pregnancy tests.... My exact words "I know I'm not pregnant, but just to be sure". I didn't even take one immediately when we got back because I didn't really believe it would be positive. I later took the test and immediately the test line was as dark as could be. I knew right then I was pregnant. In shock and shaking I slammed the bathroom door open and told him "I'm pregnant!!!".  He needed some reassurance that "those tests" are accurate. I assured him it was... After all I had obsessively taken hundreds of them in the past 3 years, I knew! When we returned from our trip I called my reproductive endocrinologist to let them know I'd gotten a positive test, I came in for a blood test and my hcg levels were >5000! I most certainly am pregnant with a miracle from God.
Since then we've had 2 ultrasounds the first at 7 weeks and heard the heartbeat. The second at 9 weeks where we got to hear the heartbeat again and see a perfectly formed little baby with 2 arms and legs and he/she even gave us a little wave. During my last pregnancy I had purchased a fetal doppler that I never got to use. We've been listening to the heartbeat a couple of times a week to reassure ourselves that things are still going good. We are beyond ecstatic! At the same time we are also scared after what we've been through. Daily we are praying for that little heart to continue beating strong and for us to hold our healthy baby come February.
I am so proud of our God and the miracles He has performed!
I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born. -Isaiah 66:9

3 comments:

  1. What amazing news! So very happy for you. A sweet miracle for a sweet and beautiful couple. I can't wait to watch this little baby grow and look forward to your pregnancy posts. God is good all the time! He answers prayers and is faithful with His word. God bless and best wishes for a healthy 9 months of your pregnancy. I'm going to guess it's a boy. Can't wait to find out!!!

    meganrrichards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that sure is a precious little baby in there!! Congrats!! God is so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the best post I've read on a Friday! Congratulations! Praying with u that everything continues as it should.

    ReplyDelete