Saturday, July 13, 2013

Not your normal meatloaf....

This meatloaf has a completely different taste than normal meatloaf, I like it so much better, & you'd never know it was cooked in the microwave. Quick & easy, my kind of recipe. I got this recipe from my momma. I love getting recipes off of blogs & seeing photos to go along with them, so here's my first blogged recipe.... more to come!
Ingredients: 1 egg, 5 tbsp ketchup, 2 tbsp mustard, 1/2 cup cracker crumbs, 2 tbsp dry onion soup mix, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1 lb hamburger, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tbsp brown sugar, 2 tbsp cider vinegar

In bowl beat egg, add 2 tbsp ketchup, 2 tbsp mustard, soup mix, salt, pepper, cracker crumbs, & hamburger. Mix together with hands thoroughly.

put into loaf pan and mash out evenly.

Cover with wax paper & place in the microwave for 11 minutes. Drain grease when removed.

While cooking, in a separate bowl mix together  both sugars, remaining ketchup, & vinegar.

Pour mixture over cooked meatloaf. Recover with wax paper & place back into microwave for 2-3 minutes. (I paced back in for 1 min 30 sec.)

serve with your choice of sides & my preference SWEET TEA

Check out Homestead Revival Recipes, my FAVORITE blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment