Tuesday, July 16, 2013

We'll have eggs soon...

I have been amazed at how I'm noticing changes in the chickens lately. Now that their wattles combs & are starting to grow, everyday that I go out to visit with them I notice that they look different. I love it, they are starting to look pretty with the wattles & combs turning red. I've always thought their beautiful. My husband says "It's a beauty only a mother could love", lol I guess he doesn't see their beauty. I love them though they are just another addition to my love for critters. If I have figured correctly they are approximately 17 weeks old, which means we will have EGGS very, very soon. I have started to check the coop & run for eggs daily now. I know that they are officially at point of lay. They are beginning to have more personality too. Maybe it's because I recently introduced them to treats and they just are hopeful I'll have a treat every time I enter their run. All I have to do is walk outside & they flock at the door waiting for me to enter. I also can't wear my flip flops into the run anymore unless I want my toes pecked. There's still just one little lady that likes for me to pet her & hold her though.

Below are some captures I got while they were eating their treats this morning.



Yesterday I came home & noticed that this little lady's wattle has flopped over, grows a little everyday!



No comments:

Post a Comment