Wednesday, July 23, 2014

God's Promise

I hate the feeling I get in the mornings when I wake up. I have a feeling of hopelessness, anger, and I'm overwhelmed with sadness. Usually as the day goes on I feel more hopeful after prayer, but that overwhelming burden I feel every morning as soon as I wake up feels like it will overcome me. When I am sleeping I don't have to feel the pain.

When my grandmother was dying of cancer, her Sunday school teacher gave her a leather bound God's Promises book. My nanny was the sweetest woman I will ever know, she loved the Lord with all her heart. She leaned on the Lord during life's struggles and everyday. Her bookmarks are still in that book. I now have her book and I have found comfort in reading the verse's and leaning on God's promises during this time. There is a bookmark on the pages that contain this scripture God has led me to:

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.
Isaiah 43:2

This gives me peace, hope, and assures me that God's strength is stronger than the pain that I face. Because he lives I can face tomorrow. I have to remind myself of this all day long sometimes every minute. I am heartbroken, I can't even explain the ache I have. I love the Lord and I know that he has a plan for my life. I praise the Lord for this because it's all a part of his plan, then the next second I am so angry and question him. But my heart truly knows the love of God and I know that He has great plans for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment