Monday, July 28, 2014

Mixed Emotions

Today is the first ultrasound since  miscarriage. I will have to go back to that same ultrasound room where I last layed eyes on our baby with no heartbeat. I'm so dreading it. I've replayed that day & the words "the baby's heart is not beating" a billion times over in my head. & the thought of that room makes me sick to my stomach. Just ready for this to be over with, & unfortunately my appointment isn't until 4:30pm so I get to dread it all day long. I've cried more today than I have in a few days & there's a knot in my throat. I just can't even explain my feelings.

On a brighter note I called my RE's (reproductive endocrinologist) office today told them about the miscarriage & discussed doing a FET (frozen embryo transfer) with the nurse. things are so much less intense for for FET as compared to IVF. I'll only have to go for 3 appointments. At the start of the next cycle I'll be able to get started with meds in preparation for the transfer. Who knows when that will be after having the miscarriage, hopefully within the next month. I'll go in for a baseline ultrasound on day 2 of my cycle & if everything looks good will start estrogen that day. I'll go back for another ultrasound  approximately 15 days later then I'll start progesterone injections & transfer will be 5 days later. We will transfer 2 of our 7 frozen embryos. I'm feeling more hopeful just to get back into trying again & it gives me something to be hopeful about.

No comments:

Post a Comment