Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone... Not sure how happy it is, but either way I have lots to thank the good Lord above for. Most of all for my salvation. For my husband who is always by side, for the short 10 weeks I got to carry our little angel that now waits for us in heaven, & for our fur children that bring lots of love & comfort to us.

Yesterday was beta day & it was confirmed by blood test that this cycle was a fail. Even though I already knew, it didn't make it any easier to hear from the nurse that called & gave the news. My heart aches. But despite that yesterday after a good long cry before ever making it out of bed I made the decision to laugh & live & get through this. It is consuming me & it will forever be a big part of my life. I will never let the dreams I have go & I will never stop believing better things are coming. It will be a wonderful day when I don't have to fight back tears.

On the bright side my fresh ivf cycle meds will be mailed out Monday. Turns out we only had to pay $747 & were able to use our current insurance before it terminates at the end of the month since more than likely our new insurance won't cover fertility meds (most don't). In total meds for 1 cycle were almost $5,000. Once they are in my hands I will feel relief.

I'm taking a break this cycle and trying to make a baby the old fashioned way. I'll attempt to transfer our one remaining embie in January then move forward with another dreadful, hopeful IVF cycle.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you were able to enjoy ur thanksgiving. Glad you were able to get your ivf meds with ur current insurance. That's a lot of saving.

    ReplyDelete