Wednesday, August 6, 2014

We can move forward...

Yesterday I went back for another ultrasound after taking my secind  round of medication that is supposed to help speed this whole miscarriage process up. There is still a small amount left. The baby is not recognizable now like last time, thank God. I had my ultrasound yesterday morning was told by the ultrasound tech that she would have the Dr call me. I just assumed the Dr would be calling me that same day. I mean I have been dealing with this for 22days now... & just wanting this to be over!!!!! I was told last time that if it was not out I would need to have a d&c this time to remove it. But since there's not a lot left I'm not sure what the plan is now. So I waited anxiously all afternoon no call. I called them & was told my ultrasound still wasn't in the chart therefore it had not been reviewed by my Dr who had already left for the day & that they will call tomorrow. So here I am at 0950 & haven't heard a thing still just wondering what will have to be done. This whole process is difficult enough to deal with I shouldn't have to wait & wonder.


I'll just never understand this. Its supposed to get easier yet its not. Here we are going on 3 years of actively trying to concieve there hasnt been a single month in the past 27 months that we haven't tracked ovulation, done fertility meds, iui's or IVF protocols. I'm so tired of it I'm just tired. But I can't let it go. Some may never understand but those that don't understand already have given birth to a child of their own. Everyone that says just adobt or some other other careless remark like take some time... Already has their baby they don't know what this feels like. I get on fb & everyone else in the world has babies. There were a dozen born this week. My heart just breaks. People that already have children get to have more & more while I just wait broken not understanding... But we keep on keeping on. That's the only choice we have just hanging on to that tiny thread of hope, its what gets us through.


Dr just called great news... No d&c the fetal tissue is gone. She is going to talk to the ultrasound tech Monday to just make sure she's clear on what she saw. But I shouldn't have to do the meds again either. She said the rest should come out with my regular cycle. I am feeling so much relief. We can finally move on & just try again.

1 comment:

  1. I really understand how you feel. I do had a miscarriage the past month, but my doctor suggested a D&C instead of taking the medication. But the days leading to the D&C were just so tiring. Having a beta almost every 3 days, and waiting for the numbers to drop, when they just stayed stuck.
    I hope now, that you'll get some closure and move on to trying again.
    Sending lots of hugs your way

    ReplyDelete