Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Light at the end of the tunnel

I went today for my 4th ultrasound since finding out our baby went to heaven. I took 4 rounds of cyotec (med to assist in miscarriage) usually 1-2 rounds does the job. And even after 4 rounds there is still a small amount of fetal tissue left. This whole process was horrible but not being able to move on from this simply because my body won't pass the tissue has made this more difficult. But after seeing my doctor today I was given the option to wait for my natural cycle & see if it passes on its on which there's a good chance it will not or I can do a d&c. I want this over its been almost a month and a half now. So I will be having surgery Friday to remove the remaining tissue. I feel disappointment & relief all at the same time. I tried my best to avoid surgery because it has its risks especially when I'm already infertile. But this has to be done. I feel relief knowing that after Friday we can finally move forward from this horrible process. All I can do is pray & trust that there will be no negative effects from the surgery.

3 comments:

  1. I understand how you feel. I would have been 12 weeks pregnant myself but unfortunately we lost the baby. At least now you are moving forward and soon you will be able to start trying again. I will be thinking of you on Friday. Sending you a big hug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I stumbled upon your blog through Instagram while searching for comfort in some shape or form. Thank you for being so honest about your loss and feelings. I lost my baby on Aug 11, 2014 at 7 weeks and it's isolating and lonely. Reading that someone else has laid on a floor begging for the hurt to stop, makes me feel not so isolated (if that makes any sense.) Sending prayers for you and your doctors on Friday and wishing you comfort and healing.

    ReplyDelete