Thursday, December 17, 2015

So close...

 It's amazing how when you're young time seems to drag by, all you want to do is grow up, have the school year end and the days seem to last forever. It feels like the older I get the faster time passes by. My pregnancy hasn't been any different and today I shed a few tears at the realization of how fast it is passing. Just the thought of Grayson's childhood passing so fast already breaks my heart and he has not even arrived yet. My pregnancy will be coming to an end before we know it and we will be holding this little miracle in our arms. I couldn't be happier but it's bitter sweet in a way. Knowing in a few short weeks I will never feel him kick, move, hiccup inside my body again. You never know when a moment will the be last so I'm choosing to enjoy every single little thing. Today he has had the hiccups 3 times and I stop to truly feel it and hold my hand there and just soak it up. My precious little boy is learning how to gulp and breath preparing to meet us soon. God is so amazing. To think in 40 short weeks our boy will develop into a unique little baby. Life doesn't get any sweeter than this. I promise to never take it for granted.

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way when pregnant with my first. Now he is 18 months, and while my heart breaks with every sign he is growing up, it is also SOOOO much fun to experience new things with him each day and watch him learn. It's definitely a bittersweet feeling!

    ReplyDelete