Saturday, June 21, 2014

Our little Valentine

Yesterday we had our first ultrasound. I had been so anxious all day for it to happen, my appointment wasn't until 2 pm. When we got ready to do the ultrasound Dr.Johnston says "We're not going to see a heartbeat or anything today, it's still to early for that. We are just looking to see if there is one or two sacs, and if everything is progressing as expected". The sonographer proceeded to do the ultrasound and as she zoomed in on the baby she said "ahhh". There was a little flicker on the screen, which was the heartbeat. My heart felt like it would explode with joy at this point. There is a very early heartbeat. Dr. Johnston says due date is 2/14/15. Everything looks great so far. I will go back July 3rd for another ultrasound to make sure the baby is growing as it should be,  if so I will then  be transferred back to my OB/GYN for care.

I am looking forward to my first visit with Dr.Bovard since she referred me to Dr. Yalcinkaya. Having her as my doctor is another blessing. She herself dealt with infertility and had twins via IVF through Dr.Yalcinkaya. It's so amazing how God places people in your life that were meant to be there. When I had my first visit with Dr.Bovard (my OB/GYN) I had no idea what she had gone through. When I picked her office as the one of so many to go to I did not know that a year later I'd be where I am right now. I just know it's all a part of God's plan. & I am so thankful for it.

Yesterday evening when we got home from the office visit and doing some grocery shopping, we sat down to watch TV. Chris pulls this tiny little maroon wrapped box out of nowhere and says "I got you something". I was in shock, I wasn't expecting anything. I opened it, and inside was a little white Pandora box with a charm for my bracelet inside that says "MOM". I grabbed him and held him tight and just cried. I am so blessed and at that moment I've never been happier. Praise the Lord for giving me Chris and now our little miracle. My cup runneth over.




2 comments:

  1. Tara I am so happy for you! We struggled to get Macy here and there is no greater feeling in the world to have your prayer for a child answered! We are trying again with no luck yet for the past year and a half. We are praying for you and your Valentine blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brittany. I pray for you & your husband, that you will be blessed with another child.

      Delete