Sunday, June 1, 2014

Pregnant until proven otherwise

Today is 3 days post our 5 day embryo transfer and I do believe the hardest part so far has been the waiting (that & the progesterone injections). Today is the first day in about 2 weeks that I have actually felt like myself, I had been nauseous, dizzy and just very weak. I attribute those feelings to my hormones just being all out of whack and the fact that I am on so much medication that my body is not used to. But today I felt like getting up, getting ready and doing something. I haven't done much but I was able to do some dishes, take a walk outdoors, dip my feet into the pool, and cook myself some lunch. I am currently still on Cabergoline which is to help with OHSS and it has caused some dizziness. I only have 2 more doses of this. My progesterone injection sites are feeling much better, still a little sore but at least now I can reposition myself in bed, and walk without intense pain. We have a routine down now for injections. I warm the PIO (progesterone in oil) in a heating pad for a few minutes prior to administering it, this helps it not to be as thick. Chris then gives the shot, massages the area in a circular motion for a few minutes and I then sit on a heating pad for about 15 minutes. This seems to working for the pain. I want my reason for not feeling so good and no energy to be due to pregnancy then I won't complain a bit, it will be a pleasant discomfort. The hardest part now is just the wait to see if these babies have stuck.... and until I find that out for sure I'm considering myself pregnant until proven otherwise.

We also found out that we have 7 other embryos that were good quality for freezing, so they have been frozen for future use.




No comments:

Post a Comment