Tuesday, January 26, 2016

38 weeks 4 days

Since the snow has melted off the roadways I'm back on the mission to get Grayson out. I layed around during the snow storm and didn't do too much of anything besides relax. Yesterday I spent a lot of time on my birthing ball bouncing and squatting. I ate spicy chicken for supper and drank some raspberry leaf tea. The bouncing and squatting is pretty self explanatory and is supposed to help get him deeper into the pelvis. I guess it's just an old wives tale that spicy food is supposed to induce labor I don't think there's any scientific proof of it. The raspberry leaf tea isn't necessarily supposed to induce labor but it is supposed to assist you once labor has started in making the contractions stronger therefore shortening labor time. I'm drinking 3 cups per day of it. Today I went shopping with my mom to get some things for Grayson for her to keep at her house since she will be looking after him when I go back to work. We then went to the mall and walked around the entire mall a few times. By the time I left I was so tired. I rested and felt pretty good so I did a little more ball bouncing and plan to do some squatting before I go to bed. I also have a pineapple I plan to cut into this evening. Eating fresh pineapple is said to help soften the cervix and I've heard success stories with it. Still haven't had very many contractions today but feel a lot more pressure than normal. I may not be helping progression a bit by doing all this but at least I feel like I am doing something. I am so ready to meet my little miracle.

1 comment:

  1. Your little one will make his debut at just the perfect time for him :) I do hope all that you are doing helps the delivery go smoothly though.

    ReplyDelete