Friday, January 22, 2016

38 weeks

Just a warning this post may contain TMI... I'm so used to talking with my online infertility friends about this stuff so it's nothing to us to share these things with each other but you may not wanna read this one if you don't want to hear details.

Only 2 weeks until little Grayson's due date!!! I've said it a million times but this pregnancy has flown by... All except for these last few weeks. I am so ready to meet our little guy. Contractions have picked up within the last week with 2 episodes where I was thinking this might be it, this might be the day we head to the hospital. But as you can see it's not time time yet. Update from yesterday's appointment: first of all a very stressful day! After yesterday I will not be having anymore cervical checks until I have to. The curiosity of my progress is not worth the worry I went through yesterday. Started off my appointment was at 10am they got me back quicker than normal I was in had my exam and was out in no time. Cervix had dilated to 2cm this week and 50% effaced. Didn't have anymore pain than normal during my exam and left the office headed to my parents house for a few then the plan was to go to the park to walk a little with momma before the snow came in today. As soon as I stepped out of the truck I felt a gush and I told momma I felt like I had peed myself. I immediately thought my water may have just broken. I go into the bathroom to discover I had a gush of blood and it continued. I immediately called the OB office where I had to talk with the triage nurse who was relaying my messages to my doctor whom had left the office and was at the hospital. Eventually my doctor called me herself and explained it was normal as long as it was letting up and not to worry but if it picked back up to call her back. And for a brief time I thought it was letting up, I felt better wasn't worried to death and could feel Grayson moving. But then I returned home only to walk from the vehicle to the bathroom with 2 more gushes and I began to panic again. After all I've come this far and this was scary to me. I've always bled a little after a cervical exam but this was way more than a little. I talked with my doctor again who asked me to come back to the office to be seen again. By this time it was about 3pm and all day long I had been just terrified and my head was pounding from the stress. I returned to the office and was checked out of course the bleeding had all but stopped again when I got there and on top of it all I felt really stupid for getting so worried. Everything was okay Grayson was active, his heartbeat was normal, my cervix was just very irritated from the exam, and there were no signs of placental abruption which is what I was so scared of. She explained that if it had been placental abruption when she pushed on my belly it would be very painful which it was not. I returned home and felt so much relief to know for sure all was well. I just know now I will not be having anymore cervical exams unless the doctor feels they are absolutely necessary. It was not worth all that worry. I am curious as to the progress that's being made but it really does not make one difference how far dilated or effaced I am... When it's time, it's time and I will know it. I had a few contractions yesterday evening while lying in bed which doesn't normally happen, they're usually when I'm up and about. Haven't had anything this morning. We are in the middle of a snow storm here so I wouldn't mind if he held off till next week to make his arrival. But if he does decide it's time during this winter storm we have the 4wd filled with gas, bags are packed and we will make the trip to the hospital and just pray we get there safely and in time. 
This photo was taken yesterday before the big snow storm. I will try to get out in this one once it's all done falling to get a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment