Thursday, May 22, 2014

Not the news I wanted....

I was hoping that at today's appointment we'd see an increase in the size of follicles but they had not grown like we were hoping & expecting. My E2 (Estradiol) level yesterday was 2775 which is high. I was told to hold the Gonal f injection altogether last night, which I did. I continued the Menopur & Lupron. I had another E2 level drawn today and will be called later this afternoon with results and the medication regimen for tonight. I am worried about OHSS (Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome) which is caused by the medications and could result in a canceled IVF cycle. The doctor has not told me this is the case so I am possibly worrying for nothing. But from what I've read E2 over 3000 is at risk for OHSS. We have come so far in this cycle for it to be canceled. I was expecting to be triggering tonight with egg retrieval Saturday. Now I'm just worried like crazy. I go back tomorrow morning for another ultrasound and E2 level. I pray that tomorrow those follicles have grown. Coasting through with no meds trying to get E2 down can cause poor egg quality and I'm also fearful of this. Please pray for us, that the follicles will grow and things improve. If it's just not mean to be be this cycle I pray I have the strength to deal with it. This is just so stressful. I'm so scared. I pray these worries are unwarranted and things look up tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment