Thursday, May 22, 2014

Update....

Got a call from the doctor's office and I WILL be having egg retrieval Saturday. My E2 level was high so my trigger dosage has been cut in half. I will trigger tonight at 7:30 pm and will have the egg retrieval Saturday morning at 8:00 am. We have to be there at 7:30 am, I'm NPO after midnight tomorrow. They said I am at increased risk for OHSS (Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome) so he will be starting me on a medication to try to help prevent it. I am going to start consuming lots of Gatorade between now and midnight tomorrow night, I've read this helps with prevention of OHSS. OHSS could cause us not to be able to do the embryo transfer because with pregnancy it can worsen and could last through the first trimester. It is a condition that causes fluid shifts, diarrhea, nausea, shortness of breath, among other symptoms. If developed prior to embryo transfer they could possibly put it off, if developed after embryo transfer pregnancy increases the severity. I just pray this doesn't develop and we can go through with embryo transfer, if not embryos will be frozen for transfer at a later date.

Prayers appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment