Sunday, May 25, 2014

We have embryos

I'm a Petri dish mommy!! I had my egg retrieval yesterday and 37 eggs were retrieved. Of those 37 eggs, 19 were set aside for ICSI (intercytoplasmic sperm injection) the sperm is injected into the egg. 14 of those 19 were mature & 9 fertilized. The other 18 of the 37 were set aside to fertilize on their own, 15 of them were mature & 11 fertilized. So we have a grand total of 20 EGGS FERTILIZED. So we have 20 embryos that are being watched closely by the lab. I will get a call Tuesday from them to let me know how they're progressing. On Thursday we will have our embryo transfer. We will be transferring 2 embryos & freezing the rest. I am ecstatic about transfer day. We will get to see our little creations! I pray they stick & we have a viable healthy pregnancy.
Today I started Medrol which is taken twice a day for the next 8 days & is supposed to help the embryo stick & stay. I also started Clabergoline which is taken once daily to hopefully prevent OHSS, which I'm at high risk for. I've been guzzling gatorade & trying to eat salty foods, this helps with the fluid balance in my body that is so out of whack now, the cause of OHSS. Tomorrow I will start daily progesterone injections through 8 weeks gestation. These I'm a bit nervous about, they're IM(intramuscular) & Chris will be administering them.
I'm just praying to the good Lord that his will be done, for strength if this fails, & for a healthy pregnancy if it's a success.
Trigger Injection
After the egg retrieval
Good Luck Ladybug that landed on my arm today.

1 comment:

  1. You are so luck and blessed!!! That's the most I have heard of!! I only have 15 follicles.

    ReplyDelete