Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Anxiously waiting...

Last night Chris gave me my first of many progesterone injections. This injection has to be placed IM (intramuscular). I was so nervous about him doing his first injection on me. He practiced right before with a pillow :). He did a great job with the injection, no pain really. I jumped as soon as it went in because I had gotten myself so worked up and nervous about the whole thing. I don't really know why I was nervous I have taken plenty of injections in my life and I've never been one that is bothered by them. Anyway it went great and there was no pain at time of injection. The pain came later last night. I woke up with a very sore bum. The medication is in oil and is very thick. We heated it in a heating pad prior to injection to help the viscosity of it. I also massaged the area and sat on a heating pad afterward, all things I have read helped. I don't have a whole lot of padding back there so I am pretty sore. We will switch sides each day.

I got a call from the lab today with day 3 update on the embryos. On day 3 they should have 5-8 cells. We had 2 that are lagging behind, 6 that are over that, and 12 that are right on target where they should be. Transfer is scheduled for 12:30 pm on Thursday. There are no dietary restrictions for embryo transfer. Only thing is you must have a slightly full bladder, so they told me to empty my bladder at 12:00pm  then guzzle 20-24 ounces of fluid to be be prepared for the procedure. I am so excited about Thursday. I have dreamed about this day for a while now. I can't wait to see our little embryos. Praying they stick and stay for 9 months.


Practicing right before the first injection!

No comments:

Post a Comment